Mt Agung, Bali
Mt Agung is the highest mountain on the island of Bali with a height of 3,142 above sea level. The mountain is located in the District of Rendang, Karangasem, Bali province been a most challenging trekking tour in Bali.
The Hindu community in Bali have confidence if Mount Agung is the dwelling place of the gods. Therefore, it is very sacred mountain on the island of Bali. Gunung Agung is located just east of Besakih Temple (the biggest temple in Bali).
This mountain became the second mountain with the highest climbing activities after Mount Batur (1,717 meters above sea level, located on Kintamani area).
Read: Mt. Batur trekking.
To climb this mountain, there are several options as hiking trails, namely:
a. Start from Pasar Agung Temple in District Strait,
b. Start from Budakeling Strip,
c. Start from Besakih Rendang sub district,
Among the above three climbing lane, a climbing lane through Besakih is climbing the most widely used by tourists, cause this path will lead us up to the highest peak of this mountain is 3,142 meters above sea level.
The climb through the Pasar Agung Temple is allowing climbing with a faster time, but we can only reach a second peak elevation 2,850 meters above sea level.
This is a glimpse of the majestic mountain climbing trip:
- Initial ascent, the road is still in the form of asphalt within a few meters and then turned into solid ground uphill.
- Along the way the track will continue to climb, and there is a long strap that helps to ride on the track is quite difficult to climb without the help of a rope.
- After a 3 hour walking up we will arrive in the post both in the form of a large tree.
- The journey continues, and the line still is slope.
- About 2 hours drive of the second post we will arrive at the third post, this area in the form of a fairly roomy but the area is rocky, the place is enough to make three tents. This post is the last post, rather, the last resting place before the summit.
- Continued ascent to the summit of Mount Agung and takes about 2 hours to track large rocks and cliffs slippery.
Some important things that you should know before making the climb to Mount Agung, namely:
a. Avoid carrying food made of beef,
→ it as a form of respect, because very sacred cows.
b). Being content water supplies,
→ because the ascent heavy and takes about 7 hours to ascend to the top.
c). In Mount Agung there is little springs and in some sources of water should not be taken as sacred, so as there is no source of water along the way.
d). Avoid climbing when the religious ceremony,
→ If there is a process of religious ceremonies in the Besakih Temple and Pasar Agung Temple,
e). Watch the weather,
→ If the weather is rainy, rocky road will be very slippery, especially when the summit to summit.
For more information regarding pricing and trekking guide for the climb to Mount Agung, please click Mt Agung Trekking Information.
So many of us may be useful information.